Tuesday, August 12, 2014

"Sometimes."

A poem written by Lua Harmsen on June 8, 2014

"Sometimes."


Sometimes I breath fire
Sometimes I'm ice cold
Sometimes I'm shy and timid
Sometimes I'm brave and bold
Sometimes my eyes are open
Sometimes they are closed
The lesson to be learned is to trust the ebb and flow

Sometimes I hate myself
But sometimes I'm so damn funny
Sometimes I feel gorgeous
And sometimes I think I'm ugly
Sometimes I know My power
And sometimes i need a hand
There is nothing wrong with being exactly who I am

Sometimes i see in technicolor
Sometimes the world is dark and gray
They greatest ability you have is to allow yourself to change

Sometimes i can remember
And sometimes i forget
That there's much more left to learn I'm not done here yet

Sometimes I am grateful
Sometimes I think I don't have enough
Sometimes I'm soft and gentle
Sometimes I am too rough

There's nothing to be feared
If you are sure and certain 
That sometimes you can open the window
And sometimes you can close the curtains...

No comments:

Post a Comment