Tuesday, August 12, 2014

"Grasping"

journal entry August 12, 2014

Grasping-
The first concept I would like to illustrate for you is that of grasping, and how it causes us pain. A lot of us have learned many notions and ideas of how to reach a state of enlightenment or happiness, but learning them mentally does not solve our problem. Have you ever heard the phrase " when you know better, you do better"? Its not exactly true. Being able to dictate the steps verbally does not mean we are able to execute them. So when someone tells us "you need to let go of your ego in order to be happy", it leaves us with more questions than we began with. What is the ego? How does it keep me from being happy? How do I let go of my ego? How do I tell the difference between my ego and my intuition?
So what is the solution when you have a big end goal like reaching enlightenment or happiness? Break it down into steps and small skills. Like Teal Swan always says "Don't try to jump the grand canyon."
So this first concept we will discuss is called grasping. It entails a sence of desperation in not knowing the answer or being where you want to be.
.........
Where am i?
Im in the state of wanting a more fulfilling life. I want to be a better person and get more things done. I want to be a better mother. I want to be more creative and artistic. I want to be stronger and physically stable. I want to make a big jump.
How do i have those things?
I'm realising how training myself in doing the things i need to do in my life now can be fulfilling and spiritual training. These daily tasks are worth dveloping and supporting my family members is worth it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment